Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pumpkin Carving


Grams had sent me a special request that I buy pumpkins for the boy and do pumpkin carving with them. She also requested that I cook the pumpkin seeds and give them to my Brother. (haha... I will explain what happened to those seeds later)


So, Becky and the boys came up before Halloween to carve pumpkins. It was so funny to see the differences between Lil B and Lucas. Lil B did not want to get dirt and there was not way that he was touch the slimey stuff that was inside there. Lucas loved it! I think he loved it so much that he kept biting the pieces of pumpkin that were carved out of the pumpkin. Silly Boy!! Jim is great at carving pumpkins and Lil B loved sitting on Uncle Jim's lap and helping him carve the pumpkin.




Becky was sweet enough to cook us a wonderful dinner and after that she got in on the action too!
Oh and about those pumpkin seeds for my Brother... Well, I have never made them before but thought I would try. I cleaned them and let them soak in salt water over night but over night turned into 2 days. I cooked them aways and to my surprise they were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G-L-Y yummy and tryign them out turned into Jim and I eating them all. Hahaha... Sorry B. I have 3 pumpkins that still are not carved so I will make some more... promise.






1 comments:

GramsCookies said...

Oh they are just too cute...glad you all had fun...Yes even our Don Jose isnt as good as the Calif one... I thought you threw the pumpin seeds out...ohhh you bad girl! Now maybe you kids will appreciate all the little things Ive done thru the years... :]
I will be there soon, I hear cookies and Gingerbread houses calling...