Sunday, October 16, 2011

Like My Mother Does

Ever since I was little I have always been told that I look just my Mom. I would go to her work and she would take me around to introduce me to her co-workers and they would always say "Wow, she looks just like you.  I loved and still love hearing that even though I am sure sometimes in my teenage years, I would act like I didnt. One of my favorite pictures is my Mom holding me when I was a few weeks old.  You can't really see me since I am bundled up but you have to take a second look to see if its my Mom or me in the picture. The older I get I realize that not only do I look just like my Mom but I also say and do things just like my Mother does.  When someone says "10-4" to me, I always say "Rubber Duck"  Why you ask??  Because my Mom says it and it makes me laugh even if the peron I say it too has no clue what I am talking about.  When I question myself about something I am doing, I always think "What would my Mom do" and most of the times I try to do it like she would because she always takes the high road.  Ok, not always but I try.  :)  When I cry, she cries.  When we have to say goodbye at the airport, its always the same thing.  We both cant say a word because we are trying to keep our tears back but we both know without saying a word.   So we hug each other and walk away.  It's just how we do it and it makes me smile because we know. 


I miss not having my Mom and Dad live around here.  I miss not being able to drop by just to say Hi or to pick up my Mom to go shopping unexpectantly.  I miss going to go to craft shows together or going on our weekend camping trip with Dad and Jim. 

You can see it in their eyes,
in tender hugs and long good-byes,
a love that only moms and daughters know.

You can see it in their smiles,
through passing years and changing styles,
a friendship that continually seems to grow.

You can see it in their lives,
the joy each one of them derives,
in just knowing that the other one is there...

To care and to understand,
lend an ear or hold a hand,
and to celebrate the memories they share.

- Anonymous




2 comments:

Mitchell4 said...

I know she misses you so much that it hurts sometimes. Moms are the Best. Thanks for sharing.

Holly Michelle Chandler said...

Lara, your Mom is a lovely human being, and you are very much like her. Don't ever change :)