Friday, February 20, 2009

Nascar 2009





Jim's 5 yrs old nephew Chris has a new interest. He loves Nascar and he especially love Dale Earnhart Jr, #88. I think it runs in the family since his Grandpa, Grandma, Uncle, Mom and Dad are all Jr fans. Myself, I am a Jimmy Johnson fan.











So, Jim and Jim's Dad decide to take Chris to go see Nascar qualifying. During qualifying you can go to the pits and actually see the Drivers up close. Chris talked about going to Nascar for weeks. When I went to pick him up on Thursday night, he showed me all the Jr #88 stuff that he got for his new bedroom. He had his camera packed and his Nintendo DS for the drive down. It was cute to see how excited he was that it even got me excited. Of course I told Chris to tell Jimmie Johnson that his Aunt loves him. Chris just laughed and told me "No Way, Aunt Lara!"

They had a great time and Jim got Chris some special earphones so the noise would not hurt his ears. They watched about 30 of the 44 driver qualify and Chris was there to see Jr #88 race. It was all very exciting. They were even on Speed Channel that day. While the announcer was on TV the panned through the audience and there they were. Chris definetely has a awesome Uncle and Grandpa!!!

Chris did have to take a small nap. I guess the excitment was just to much. ha ha ha...

2 comments:

Mitchell4 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mitchell4 said...

He's got Nascar fever huh? That's awesome and what a cool way to spend time with Uncle Jim and Grandpa. He's such a lucky kid. Looks like he's having a blast.