Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Very Exciting, Fun and Suprising 2 Weeks...

There has been so much going on in our lives and both Jim and I have been on the go for two weeks straight. So just to explain, the fun began on June 6th...

For months now, Aunt Lynne, Becky and I have been planning a SURPRISE Retirement & Good-Bye Party for My Parents. We got sneeky and took my Mom's address book to get names and addresses. We also "hacked " into my Mom's email account to get email addresses of friends and family. To throw my Parent's off about any party, Jim and I said we were going to take them to a restuarant that we saw on TV but we would not tell them where it was. hahaha... I even saw my Dad looking through his book "Drive Thru's, Diners and Dives" to see if he could figure it out.

On the big day, all the kids met an Aunt Lynne's to set up at 9am. The party was a western theme with red gingham table clothes, bandana's, cowboy boots, buckets of peanuts and votive candles as table decoations. For food we had rib, chicken, hamburgers, hotdogs, pasta salad, potato salad, corn on the cob, a chocolate fountain and the very famous Texas Caviar. It was a hit.

We also had a DJ, a Charicture artist and a Roast/Toast to our Parent's. It was so great to see friends and family that came in from all over. Aunt Sally, Ed and Patty flew in from Sacramento. My Dad's college friends came from Paso Robles, and our Aunt Linda and Uncle Craig drove from San Diego. As if the party was not enough of a surprise, we hid Brian, Becky and the grandbabies. You should have seen my Parents faces. It was awesome!!!



On Sunday we met Aunt Sally for breakfast and later in the afternoon we took family pictures. I will post the family pictures later.

1 comments:

Mitchell4 said...

It was so fun. Mom and Dad's reactions were priceless. Totally worth the trip. We would do it again in a heartbeat. Glad the Texas Cavier was such a hit. I wasn't sure cuz there was already going to be so much goood food.