Monday, August 25, 2008

Yummy...Yummy...Yummy!!!




While my Brother was here visiting he gave me a gift from Becky. It's a book called Block Parties and Poker Nights and in the note from Becky she challeneged me to throw a party as intructed in the book. Challenge excepted! I have always want to be able to throw a great parties and be an ultimate hostess. Since we live in a new community our neighbors, Jim and I always talk about having block parties too. So this book was perfect.
On Thursday night Jim's Cousin and family were going to spend the night. It was not a happy occasion since the reason they were in town was for a funeral. I knew Friday was going to be busy so I thought it would be good to make sure that they alteast had a good breakfast and a cup of coffee before the day began. So I looked through the receipe book and found an Egg and Sausage Casserole. I have never made an actual casserole before so I thought it would be fun to try it out. After I got the casserole prepared for the next morning I found out that plans had changed and Jim family would not be staying at the house on Thursday night. I was a bit disappointed but it was understandable. On Friday morning I got up at 6am as I planned and cooked the casserole anyways. Jim and I had a piece and we took the rest down to his Parent's house to eat and guess what??? It was a hit!!! woohoo!!! Jim parents loved it and told everyone at Chris' 5th birthday party about the casserole that I made. Now people are requesting the receipe, I am sooo excited. I can't wait to make more reciepes. I might just be the next Rachel Ray. hehehe...

3 comments:

Mitchell4 said...

Your such a good sport for accepting the challenge. You Rock!! I wanna be your neighbor. You'll have to take pictures of all the yumminess. I love the fact that you have plans to celebrate the summer coming to a close. That's awesome. Cheers to old/new friends, get togethers and good times.

Daniel said...

umm next time i stay up there i better get a good breakfast like that.

Roxie said...

Sounds Very yummy!! we need to throw a "roxie is out of school" party, sometime around september 24th.. that would be fun fun fun!!! will you make me breakfast?