Friday, August 14, 2009

Meteor Shower


If you didn't know, there is currently a meteor shower going on and this past Tuesday and Wednesday were the best days to see it according to my weather man, Jim. I was told that the best time to see the shower was from 10pm to 5am. So, Danny, Jim and I sat out in the backyard on Wednesday evening and hung out. At about 9:45, I saw the first meteor (I say shooting star) fly across the sky. Danny had already gone inside and Jim missed it. Jim then saw the second one but I missed it. The second "shooting star" that I saw was later in the evening, right before I went to bed. Jim had already gone to bed and Danny was going to wait until midnight to go look at them. It was so cool to see.

The reason I thought I would write a blog about the meteor shower is actually because of my 6 yr old nephew, Chris. We went over to visit them earlier in the evening and Chris was so excited to stay up to watch the meteor shower. He had his flash light ready and he waited...and waited.. and waited. About 9:30pm Jim got a call from Chris and he asked his Uncle Meme (jim) the cutest question that still makes me laugh. "Uncle Meme?", "Do meteors make noise?" I thought is was so adorable and with a smile on Jim's face he told Chris that "No, you will not hear the meteors make noise." Then about 9:55 he called again to let us know that him and Gwen saw "IT!" He was soooo excited! A little while later we got another call from Chris. Chris had just seen a scorpian in the back yard and he was not going to stay out there any more to watch the meteor shower. hahahaha.. Chris is so funny but I dont blame.

2 comments:

Holly Michelle Chandler said...

OMG that is so cute!

Mitchell4 said...

He's so funny.
We couldn't see it cuz of the rain clouds. Shooting stars are so cool.